Things to consider while shopping for Disposable Face Masks
Since March 2020, markets have been flooded with various types of face masks - varying in colour, design, material and several other parameters. Broadly speaking, we could segment these into reusable face masks and disposable face masks.
There have been many debates on whether face masks are safe and effective against combating the spread of COVID-19 and which one is most effective. Well, face masks remain the second most effective mechanism against the spread of coronavirus after social distancing. And any face mask is better than no face mask at all.
Virus droplets can travel far and remain suspended in the air causing rapid spread of the virus among people who are exposed to them. Face masks act as a shield against these harmful virus droplets and also arrest their velocity.
If you are in the market for disposable face masks, follow these tips shared by medical experts:
- Disposable face masks are available in various layer options. You should ideally buy one that is at least two ply but three ply or four ply is ideal.
- If possible, consider masks that have an inner lining with moisture wicking and anti-bacterial properties. This is even more relevant considering the upcoming monsoon season in India when humidity in the air rises in most parts of the country.
- Always look for an adjustable nose piece. This clip or piece of in-built wire inside the mask will help keep harmful particles in when you breathe, cough or sneeze. It also prevents your eyeglasses from fogging.
- Make sure you buy a face mask that fits well on your face covering the nose, mouth and chin comfortably and adequately. Ensure that the face mask does not slip from the surface of your face, if it slips then it is not the right mask as it will prompt the user to touch the face and the mask again and again resulting in greater spread of the virus.
- Don’t sweat price points too much as the focus should be on quality, comfort, authenticity when it comes to personal hygiene and well-being.